Assistant Director, Club Sports
email@example.com // (574) 631-6192
Mandy Madden joined the RecSports team in October 2015 as the new Assistant Director of Club Sports. As a native of the great state of Indiana, she is 100% Hoosier! She is a graduate of Indiana University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology and of Ball State University where she received her Master’s Degree in Sports Administration.
She taught high school and coached soccer for several years in Fishers, IN. Her professional career in collegiate recreation began at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill where she was the Sports Club Coordinator in the Campus Recreation Department. She also worked for the Carrboro, NC Parks and Recreation Department. Her duties as Sports Club Coordinator at UNC were to manage the daily administration of 50+ sport clubs. Several of her key responsibilities included club officer training, community service projects, risk management oversight and student leadership development, just to name a few.
Mandy enjoy working in Campus Recreation it has given her the opportunity to work with students daily within the sports administration profession. Her passion is student leadership and development and providing resources and skills to student leaders that they may be able to use both within their respective sport club and which are transferrable skills they can take with them into the real world after college.
Mandy enjoys spending time with friends and family, coaching soccer, participating in adult sport leagues, such as soccer, softball, flag football, and kickball. Reading books over leadership and student development and DIY arts & craft projects.
- Ball State University, Master of Arts in Sports Administration (2006)
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology - Physical Education & Health Education (2004)
- Lifeguarding/Water Safety/CPR/AED/First Aid/Preventing Disease Transmission/Administrating Emergency
- Oxygen Instructor, American Red Cross: 2009 – Present
- Indiana Certified Teacher, Physical Education, Health and Safety, Department of Education: Expires 2019
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America / United States Soccer Federation • National Youth License: December 2009
- State, Regional, and National Goalkeeping Diploma: December 2006 • Youth Soccer Referee License: July 2000 – 2006
- Coaching “D” Soccer License: February 2002
- NIRSA Championship Series Soccer Work Team: 2014 – 2015
- NIRSA Service Corporation Sponsorship Guidelines Work Team: 2014 – 2015
- Southeast Collegiate Soccer Alliance, Northeast Division Coordinator: 2015 – Present
- Southeast Collegiate Soccer Alliance, Southwest Division Coordinator: 2014 – 2015
- North Carolina Recreational Sports Association:
- Executive Board Secretary / Treasurer/ Student Scholarship Committee Chair: April 2013 – October 2015
- NIRSA Regional II
- Student Development Committee Chair: June 2015 - October 2015
- Indiana Recreational Sports Association Member
- Student State Representative: 2005 – 2006
- Star Heel Award, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, July 2015
- Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction, The National Society of High School Scholars, Two-time Recipient, March 2012
- National Service Award, National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association, April 2006
- Student Foundation Scholarship, National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association, April 2006
- Carol Stickel Outstanding Student Award, Indiana Recreational Sports Association, April 2005
- William Wasson Student Leadership and Academic Award, National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association, April 2004
- Student Scholarship Award, Indiana Recreational Sports Association, January 2004
- William H. Lindley Award, Division of Recreational Sports, Indiana University, April 2003