R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) is an empowering self-defense class for women only. Taught by R.A.D. certified instructors from NDSP, the class will:
- Develop & enhance self-defense skills
- Address awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance strategies
- Teach practical defense techniques
- Practice learned skills and techniques on a real person during a simulated attack situation
R.A.D. is open to Notre Dame Students, Faculty/Staff and their families (participant must be at least 13 years old). In addition, the class is also open to the Saint Mary’s and Holy Cross communities. If you are a Non-ND member please contact Jennie Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about registering for the class.
It is important that participants attend all sessions as classes build upon each other. If you miss a class, you can attend but will NOT be permitted to participate in the simulated attack session.
Registering a Minor?
For those interested in registering their daughter for R.A.D. (13 or older) please complete the following steps:
- Log in in to RecRegister with net ID and password.
- Click your net ID at the top of the page to display your account information.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Add Dependent’ button; click this button to add your daughter’s information.
- Now click the ‘Courses’ tab at the top of the page to begin registration. Under course categories select ‘Instructional Series’ and then click ‘R.A.D. Rape Aggression Defense’.
- Click ‘Add to Cart’. A popup will appear that reads “Which family member would you like to register?”. Select your name, accept the waiver, click ‘Next: Add to Cart’ and then click ‘Continue Shopping’.
- You should be sent back to the Courses page. Repeat the same process for your daughter. Now click ‘Checkout’ to enter credit card information and complete registration.
Please note that a Minor Waiver must also be signed by the parent/guardian during the first class in order for the dependent to participate in the series. The parent/guardian must also be registered for the course in order for the minor to participate.
Have registration questions? Contact Assistant Director, Fitness & Fitness Facilities, Jennie Phillips at email@example.com, or at (574) 631-5965.
Fall 2017 Offerings
|October 25 – December 6 (WED)||6:00 – 8:00 p.m.||Rockne 109||$45|