R.A.D. Keychain Defense
The R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) Keychain Defense Course is an empowering self-defense class for women only and builds upon the basic R.A.D. program. Taught by R.A.D. certified instructors from NDSP, the class will:
- Develop and enhance self-defense skills learned in the Basic R.A.D. course (prerequisite to keychain course)
- Address awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance strategies
- Teach practical defense techniques with the use of a Kubaton (keychain)
Keychain Defense is open to Notre Dame Students, Faculty/Staff, and their families (participant must be at least 13 years old). In addition, the class is also open to the Saint Mary's and Holy Cross communities.
Completion of the Basic R.A.D. course is required in order to participate in the Keychain Defense course. It is important that participants attend both sessions as classes build upon each other.
Registering a minor?
For those interested in registering their daughter for R.A.D. (13 or older) please complete the following steps:
- Log in in to RecRegister with net ID and password.
- Click your net ID at the top of the page to display your account information.
- Scroll down until you see the 'Add Dependent' button; click this button to add your daughters information.
- Now click the 'Courses' tab at the top of the page to begin registration. Under course categories select 'Instructional Series' and then click 'R.A.D. Rape Aggression Defense'.
- Click 'Add to Cart'. A popup will appear that reads “Which family member would you like to register?”. Select your name, accept the waiver, click 'Next: Add to Cart' and then click 'Continue Shopping'.
- You should be sent back to the Courses page. Repeat the same process for your daughter. Now click 'Checkout' to enter credit card information and complete registration.
Please note that a Minor Waiver must also be signed by the parent/guardian during the first class in order for the dependent to participate in the series. Have registration questions? Contact Fitness Coordinator, Tabbitha Ashford at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at (574) 631-3432.
Spring 2017 Offerings
|Dates & Days||Time||Location||Price|
|Apr. 12 & 19 - 10 (W)||5:45 – 7:45 p.m.||Rockne 109 (Apr. 12) & 319 Hammes Mowbray (Apr. 19)||$30|