- Bachelor of Science in Apparel Merchandising, Business & Spanish Minors - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- RYT-200 Registered Yoga Teacher
- Yin Yoga Certified
- Restorative Yoga Certified
Start date with RecSports
The yoga postures are for everyone; use them as a vehicle for change: to get a fun, safe and effective workout, to practice mindfulness and relaxation, and find balance so that we can go back to our day with a fresh perspective and be our own authentic and beautiful self.
Fitness Interests & Other Hobbies
- I have a background in fashion, and I work for a local boutique where I make jewelry, work with customers and help the owner with various efforts such as marketing and vendor relations.
- I also work for a local talent agency where I handle marketing efforts and sourcing resumes for recruiters.
- I am a mama-to-be, expecting my first baby at the end of February! That is why I will be subbing in the Spring and will not have my own class on the schedule for the upcoming semester.
Why My Class?
My classes are challenging, energetic and fun! I like to provide a space where students can challenge themselves when they need to, and back off when they need to, and I offer several modifications so that everyone can get what they need out of the practice Listening to the body and finding balance. We try to step away from what's going on in our lives and really focus on the present moment on our mats. We do some breath work and relaxation to balance the heat we build during the standing flow and more challenging postures.
How do you motivate participants?
I like to play loud, energizing music during heated moments of class and quiet, relaxing music as we begin class with breathing and intention and end class with gentle stretching and savasana/relaxation. Sometimes I also use humor to motivate students, keeping spirits light and playful when trying new things. I constantly remind students to listen to their bodies and honor how they feel each time they step onto the mat.
The energy in the yoga room is fantastic! I love being a part of the RecSports team!