RecSports hires interested and enthusiastic officials throughout the year to officiate many Intramural Sports. Experience is not required as all officials will participate in a training clinic prior to the season. Officials are provided with a uniform. The pay rate starts at $8.60/hour. Most games last no longer than 60 minutes.
Officials may also have the opportunity to work non-Notre Dame games throughout the year. These games range from youth football, regional football, and basketball tournaments.
How to become an Official
Step 1: Attend a mandatory training clinic.
Step 2: Complete and pass a sport-specific test (handed out at the mandatory training clinic).
Step 3: Accept/reject position if selected for hire.
Step 4: Once your information is processed by RecSports as a new hire, you will receive an email from Human Resources with a link to complete Employment Eligbility Verification (requirements you must complete as a student employee). THIS PROCESS MUST be completed within three business days of you receiving the Employment Elgibility Verfication email from Human Resources. If it is not completed within three business days, you will be unable to work as an employee with RecSports.
Step 5: Officials will receive information regarding scheduling after all employment steps have been completed.
Upcoming Officials Mandatory Training Clinics - Spring 2017
Must attend ALL training clinics for that specific sport.
- March 7 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- March 9 from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. • Loftus Sports Center
- March 21 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- March 22 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- March 28 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- March 29 - time TBA • Loftus Sports Center
- January 18 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- January 19 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
4v4 Flag Football
- January 24 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. • RSRC 129
- January 25 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. • RSRC 129