Assistant Director, Fitness and Fitness Facilities
firstname.lastname@example.org // (574) 631-5965
Jennie Phillips has served as the Assistant Director of Fitness and Fitness Facilities since joining Notre Dame in 1994.
Phillips is a '90 graduate of Butler University where she played varsity tennis and served as a student athletic trainer for a variety of teams including football, basketball, softball and track. Following graduation, she pursued a Master of Science degree from Miami University while working as a graduate assistant in the Physical Education, Health and Recreation department. She also volunteered as an athletic trainer for football, field hockey, ice hockey and swimming. In 2009, Phillips served as the event coordinator for the 2009 Notre Dame Japan Bowl, the 2011 Global Kilimanjaro Bowl and 2012 Global Ireland Football Tournament which preceded Notre Dame's Emerald Isle Classic.
Her favorite part of working in campus recreation is knowing that RecSports is providing a great outlet for our campus community. It's enjoyable to see students, employees and families taking advantage of our spaces and enjoying themselves while they are here. The best part of being in RecSports is seeing people smile when they've made a good play, learned something new or challenged themselves in a new way.
Phillips' twin sister also works at Notre Dame as a registered dietitian in University Food Services. In her free time, Phillips teaches tennis for RecSports. She enjoys golf, volleyball, visits to Hilton Head, and International travel.
- Butler University, Secondary Education and Athletic Training
- Miami University, Exercise and Health Studies
- Certified Athletic Trainer - NATA
- Exercise Physiologist - ACSM
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
- NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- United States Tennis Association
- Indiana Recreational Sports Association