Assistant Director, Administration: Assessment, Communications, & Staff Development
email@example.com // (574) 631-1799
Kendra joined the RecSports team in October 2015 as Assistant Director, Administration: Assessment, Communications, & Staff Development. Kendra is traveling closer to home. The Michigan native moved to Indiana from the great state of Louisiana where she worked at Louisiana State University for four years. Kendra began her professional career as a Marketing Coordinator and was promoted to Assistant Director of Marketing and Promotions in 2014.
Kendra completed her undergraduate work at Central Michigan University where she graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Arts degree. While at CMU she caught the “Campus Recreation/Student Affairs Bug” and decided to pursue a career in collegiate recreation. She accepted a graduate assistantship as the Marketing Graduate Assistant in the Georgia State University Recreational Services Department where she earned a Master’s of Science degree in Sports Administration.
Kendra has worked and interned for several professional sports teams. She was a Community Relations intern for the Detroit Pistons and the Detroit Shock of the NBA and WNBA and worked in sales for the Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball Team.
Kendra has received several awards throughout her career. She has won four National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) Creative Excellence Awards for sustainable marketing, website design, large-scale signage, and student digital presentations.
- Central Michigan University, Bachelor of Applied Arts in Sport Management (2009)
- Georgia State University, Master of Science in Sports Administration (2011)
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
- Creative Excellence Awards Committee
- Marketing Institute Committee
- IRSA (Indiana Recreational Sports Association)
- Young Leaders of Notre Dame Steering Committee, Communications Subcommittee Chair
- greeNDot Steering Committee, Social Marketing Subcommittee Chair
- YPN South Bend
- Creative Excellence Awards
- 1st place: Sustainable marketing (2015)
- 3rd place: Student digital presentations (supervision) (2015)
- 2nd place: Website design (2014)
- 2nd place: Student publication (supervision) (2014)
- 1st place: Large scale signage (2013)
- Mary Helen Huggins Scholarship Award recipient, Georgia State University