Camping Equipment Rental
Policies & procedures
- Notre Dame faculty, staff, and students may utilize the RecSports camping equipment. Camping equipment is not available to members outside the Notre Dame community.
- The pickup and drop off location is the Front Desk of the Rockne Memorial. All pickup and drop off must be during normal business hours.
- During Fall and Spring academic semesters, equipment can be rented for either the weekend (Thursday – Monday) or the week (Thursday through the second Monday). *Inquire by email about academic break period rentals.
- Equipment can be picked up on either a Thursday or Friday.
- Equipment must be returned on Monday or late fees will occur ($2 per day, per item)
- Reservations will be accepted up to 30 days in advance.
- Equipment reservations will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Renters are able to make a request for multiple people including themselves. The person who actually picks up and pays for the rental is responsible for the safe return of all equipment. Any late fees or damages will be assigned to the renter.
All camping equipment is inspected in detail upon return. Renters will be notified, by email, of damage fees within seven days of the equipment return. RecSports reserves the right to charge the following damage fees on a case by case basis pending inspection:
- Patching fee: Rips, tears, or holes smaller than 4 inches in diameter: $3
- Missing tent stakes: $1 per stake (there should always be 8)
- Excessive mildew damage or stains: $5 cleaning fee
- Broken tent pole fee: $15
- Complete loss of item/damaged beyond repair: *restocking fee based on retail value of item
Rental rates & fees
|Item||Weekend Rate $ (5 days)||1 Week Rate $ (12 days)||
Late Fee $ (per day, per item)
|2 person tent||$10||$15||$2|
Mountain Hardwear Drifter, 2 Person Tent
Mountain Hardwear Pinole 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Ridge Rest SOLite Sleep Pad
Deuter Aircontact Backpack