Blending Learning: American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED and First Aid
The Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED blended learning course will prepare you to recognize and care for a variety of first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies involving adults, children and infants. The online portion features award-winning simulation learning – an interactive experience where you will respond to real-world emergencies in a virtual setting and practice the skills that will prepare you for the instructor-led classroom skill session. Allow approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the online portion. The online course must be completed prior to attending the classroom portion of blended learning. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide. The American Red Cross is the most respected source for training and certification of this kind.
Spring 2020 Offerings
|Feb. 5 • 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. (FULL)||Rockne Memorial Rooms 109 & 110||$60||Begins Jan. 2; register by Jan. 29|
|Mar. 1 • 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.||Rockne Memorial Rooms 109 & 110||$60||Begins Jan. 2; register by Feb. 28|
|Apr. 19 • 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.||Rockne Memorial Rooms 109 & 110||$60||Begins Jan. 2; register by Apr. 11|
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Complete all eLearning Units.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and final rescue scenarios.
Blending Learning Component
This blended course combines award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification. Blended learning will be sent to each participant’s registration email at least two weeks prior to class start date.
You are encouraged to register as early as possible so you have more time to complete the 2.5 hour online course content.
- Notre Dame community: For Notre Dame community, registration is via RecRegister. Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in to RecRegister. Spouses must email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
- Non-Notre Dame community: For 1st time community members, please email email@example.com to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration.
IMPORTANT! You must complete the online portion of this course prior to attending your in-person skills session, and provide proof of completion to your instructor. You can do so in one of the following ways:
- Print out your online course completion record from the course and show it to your instructor – it will read “Proceed to Skill Session”
- Show the email confirmation you received upon completing the online to your instructor (i.e. show on mobile phone or other device or via printed copy)
- Login to your account and show the instructor the completion status that appeared above the “Launch Course” button after you completed the online portion
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE PORTION AND PROVIDE PROOF OF COMPLETION TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR TO QUALIFY FOR THE IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION!!