Blended Learning: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Responding to Emergencies First Aid
The primary purpose of the American Red Cross Blended Learning CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers course is to instruct those who have a duty to act (professional rescuers) in the knowledge and skills needed to respond appropriately to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, children, and infants. This includes the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to care for a victim experiencing cardiac arrest. This blended learning course will also prepare you to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies. The online portion features award-winning simulation learning – an interactive experience where you will respond to real-world emergencies in a virtual setting and practice the skills that will prepare you for the instructor-led classroom skill session. Allow approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete the online portion. The online course must be completed prior to attending the classroom portion of blended learning.
Spring 2020 Offerings
|May 26 • 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Rockne Memorial Rooms 109 & 110||$75||Begins Jan. 2; register by May 19|
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Complete all eLearning Units.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and final rescue scenarios.
Blending Learning Component
This blended course combines award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification. Blended learning will be sent to each participant’s registration email at least two weeks prior to class start date.
You are encouraged to register as early as possible so you have more time to complete the 4.5 hour online course content.
- Notre Dame community: For Notre Dame community, registration is via RecRegister. Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in to RecRegister. Spouses must email email@example.com to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
- Non-Notre Dame community: For 1st time community members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration.
IMPORTANT! You must complete the online portion of this course prior to attending your in-person skills session, and provide proof of completion to your instructor. You can do so in one of the following ways:
- Print out your online course completion record from the course and show it to your instructor – it will read “Proceed to Skill Session”
- Show the email confirmation you received upon completing the online to your instructor (i.e. show on mobile phone or other device or via printed copy)
- Login to your account and show the instructor the completion status that appeared above the “Launch Course” button after you completed the online portion
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE PORTION AND PROVIDE PROOF OF COMPLETION TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR TO QUALIFY FOR THE IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION!!