Blended Learning: American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Renewal
The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as an official Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes testing of hands-on skills, 7.5 hours of independent online learning, as well as comprehension on written tests. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide. The American Red Cross is the most respected source for training and certification of this kind.
This course is for lifeguards who hold a current certification and simply need to renew.
Summer 2020 Offerings
|Dates & Times||Location||Price||Registration|
|June 10 • 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Rockne Memorial 110
Rockne Memorial Pool
|$100||Begins Feb. 12; register by May 18|
- Participants must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class
- Participants must pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking lifeguarding courses
- 300 yard, non-stop swim utilizing the breast stroke or the front crawl
- 2.5 minute water tread utilizing only the legs
- Timed 10 lb. deep water brick retrieval
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Complete all eLearning Units.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and final rescue scenarios.
- Pass Section 1--Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80%.
Blending Learning Component
This blended course combines award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification. Blended learning will be sent to each participant’s registration email at least two weeks prior to class start date.
You are encouraged to register as early as possible so you have more time to complete the 7.5 hour online course content.
- Notre Dame community: For Notre Dame community, registration is via RecRegister. Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in to RecRegister. Spouses must email email@example.com to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
- Non-Notre Dame community: For 1st time community members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration.
IMPORTANT! You must complete the online portion of this course prior to attending your in-person skills session, and provide proof of completion to your instructor. You can do so in one of the following ways:
- Print out your online course completion record from the course and show it to your instructor – it will read “Proceed to Skill Session”
- Show the email confirmation you received upon completing the online to your instructor (i.e. show on mobile phone or other device or via printed copy)
- Login to your account and show the instructor the completion status that appeared above the “Launch Course” button after you completed the online portion
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE PORTION AND PROVIDE PROOF OF COMPLETION TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR TO QUALIFY FOR THE IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION!!