Group Fitness Classes, F.A.S.T. Classes, and Instructional Series
Who is eligible to participate in classes?
- Group Fitness Classes: Notre Dame students, faculty, staff, spouses, and retirees are eligible to participate and register for Group Fitness Classes.
- F.A.S.T. (Faculty & Staff Training): Notre Dame faculty, staff, spouses, and retirees are eligible to participate and register for F.A.S.T. (Faculty & Staff Training).
- Instructional Series: Notre Dame students, faculty, staff, spouses, and retirees are eligible to participate and register for Instructional Series.
How do I register for classes?
Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in to RecRegister. Spouses need to obtain their unique user ID and password by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration. For cash and check payments, please visit the Smith Center for Recreational Sports inside the Duncan Student Center.
What happens if my class gets cancelled for the semester?
We will only notify you if the class you register for has been closed or cancelled and offer you a refund.
How do I receive a refund for a fitness or instructional class that I have purchased?
- Flexible Registration Fitness Classes: If your schedule changes from the time of your registration to class beginning, participants will have up to 10 minutes before class to cancel their spot in the class; however, no refunds will be issued for flexible registration classes.
- Semester Registration Fitness Classes: Full refunds for Spring 2020 available until February 2; half-price refunds through February 9. All refunds must be received by RecSports by 11:59 p.m. on the date that the refund request is due.
- Spring 2020 F.A.S.T. Classes: Full refunds for Spring 2020 classes available until January 26; half-price refunds through February 2. All refunds must be received by RecSports by 11:59 p.m. on the date that the refund request is due.
- Instructional Series: Full refunds available until the Sunday after the series begins. Half refunds are available until the second Sunday after the program begins.
Refunds are reconciled depending on the payment method. Credit card refunds will be applied directly to the credit card used for payment and issued immediately upon approval. Cash and check refunds will be issued by University check. Once the form is received, the refund check will be sent (to the address listed on the form) in approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
Are there any other circumstances in which I might be able to get a refund for a fitness or instructional class that I have purchased?
- Refunds are issued according to set refund dates, please click here to see class refund dates. Requests made outside of these dates must meet the criteria included below.
- Half refunds may be issued for injuries or illness that impede the participant’s ability to exercise for at least seven weeks.
- Half price refunds may be issued for active duty military who are called into action with seven or more weeks remaining in the semester.
- Half price refunds may be issued if a participant’s membership eligibility is terminated with seven weeks or more remaining in the semester in which they have purchased that class.
- Refunds will not be issued if a class is cancelled due to weather, loss of power, facility closure, or university closure.
- Refunds will not be issued for single class cancellations.
- If a participant registered for the wrong class and wants to switch to the correct class, a refund request should be submitted and the correct class purchased separately.
Is the price listed per week or semester?
Flexible registration fitness classes
For flexible registration fitness classes, participants will purchase a spot for a single class date. The price listed is the cost for one day of class. Registration for each class will open one week prior to the upcoming class and close 10 minutes prior to class beginning.
Semester registration fitness classes
For semester registration fitness classes, participants will purchase a spot in a class for the entire semester. The price listed is the cost for access to a specific class for the duration of Spring 2020.
For the yoga classes, are mats provided or do we need bring our own?
Yoga mats are provided for all yoga classes, but if you would like to bring your own you are welcome to do that as well.
What if I'm going to be late to my class?
Safety is always RecSports’ first priority. Therefore, for your safety as well as other participants, please arrive to class on time. If you know you are going to be late to class, please speak with your instructor the week prior to discuss the best course of action for a late arrival.
Private Fitness Classes
Who can request a private fitness class?
A private fitness class may be requested by any group or department that has a university-issued FOAPAL (budget) number. This FOAPAL number is required information upon submission of the class request. Click here to submit a private fitness class request.
Are tables available if we are hosting an event with a fitness class?
RecSports does not have tables or chairs available for use. Groups are welcome to bring their own table and/or chairs for the event if communicated with the RecSports class organizer.
Can I bring an outside guest to the class?
Guests may be eligible to participate depending on the location of the class. For all classes taking place in RecSports facilities, all participants must have a valid Irish1Card to enter the facility to take the class.
For any class taking place outside of RecSports facilities, guests are allowed to participate as long as a waiver is signed.
Can I just request a room if we already have an instructor?
RecSports instructors are the only instructors that have permission to teach in RecSports spaces for liability purposes. Groups that would like a space on campus to host a class with their own instructor should go through Student Activities Office to reserve a space on campus.
What type of equipment will be provided?
For classes that take place in RecSports facilities, the class will have access to all regular group fitness equipment.
For classes that take place outside of RecSports facilities, RecSports can provide yoga mats (up to 50) upon request, if available. If requesting yoga mats, the group is responsible for transporting the mats to and from the location. The group will be asked to pick up the mats from RecSports within 24 hours prior to class beginning and drop them off within 24 hours of the class ending. No other fitness equipment is available for off-site use.
Will RecSports provide all the A/V equipment?
For classes that take place in RecSports facilities, the instructor will have access to all standard sound equipment in the facility.
For classes taking place outside of RecSports facilities, it is the responsibility of the group to secure sound equipment.
Still have questions?
Please contact RecSports at email@example.com or at (574) 631-6100.