Lifeguard Re-Certification - Blended Learning
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Review Blended Learning Course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. It combines online learning with onsite sessions conducted by a Red Cross-certified instructor.
Spring 2018 Offerings
|Dates & Times||Location||Price||Registration|
|Saturday, April 7 & Sunday, April 8 • Noon – 5:00 p.m. (FULL)||Rockne Memorial 110
Rockne Memorial Pool
|$75||Begins March 22; register by April 5 at Noon|
Individuals with a current Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate may participate in the review course. Participants MUST present a copy of their certifications on the first day of class. If you are unable to produce your certifications, you can participate in the full course.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Complete all eLearning Units.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and final rescue scenarios.
- Pass Section 1--Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80%.
- Online time: 7 hours
- Facility time: 10 hours
Total course commitment: 17 hours
- You will receive an email with the online course information within 24 hours of registering on RecRegister.
- Must complete the online portion of the class prior to the first day of the course.
You are encouraged to register as early as possible so you have more time to complete the 7 hour online course content.
- Notre Dame community: For Notre Dame community, registration is via RecRegister. Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in to RecRegister. Spouses must email email@example.com to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
- Non-Notre Dame community: For 1st time community members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an online account. Once you have received your login information, you will be able to register online via RecRegister.
University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration.
IMPORTANT! You must complete the online portion of this course prior to attending your in-person skills session, and provide proof of completion to your instructor. You can do so in one of the following ways:
• Print out your online course completion record from the course and show it to your instructor – it will read “Proceed to Skill Session”
• Show the email confirmation you received upon completing the online to your instructor (i.e. show on mobile phone or other device or via printed copy)
• Login to your account and show the instructor the completion status that appeared above the “Launch Course” button after you completed the online portion
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE PORTION AND PROVIDE PROOF OF COMPLETION TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR TO QUALIFY FOR THE IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION!!
You can access the online portion using the following link, where you will be asked to create an account: