- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science - Fitness at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse
- Master of Arts in Sport Management at Western Michigan University
- Zumba® - 2011
- Zumba® Gold - 2012
- INSANITY (Beachbody) - 2013
- Group Cycling (AAAI-ISMA) - 2015
- Pilates Mat I (AAAI-ISMA) - 2016
- 200 Hour Yoga Instructor (Yoga Alliance) - 2017
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA) - 2017Start date with RecSports
What semester & year did you begin employment as a fitness instructor at RecSports?
When did you you begin teaching group fitness in general?
Train for life.
Fitness interests & other hobbies
Barbell training, dancing
Why my class?
My teaching philosophy is that participants come to class to have fun, be motivated by the group and the instructor, and for a workout they cannot give themselves. I always aim to deliver a class that participants enjoy and challenge them throughout the semester while making in a motivating environment.
How do you motivate participants?
I believe that one of the biggest motivators in a group fitness class is good music that you connect with and can help push you harder. I also like to remind participants that they can always push through for a few more repetitions or seconds, and if they fail on a repetition that's awesome because they know they pushed themselves as hard as they could!
What certifications have you held in the past?
TurboKick (Beachbody) - 2013
What is your favorite style of music to play in class?
Depends on the class and what we're doing! I always find when doing something really hard (like climbing hills in cycle or heavy strength training) classic rock always pumps me up, but in general I like playing top 40 or EDM music with a strong beat.
What is your affiliation to the University?
Notre Dame Faculty/Staff
What types of classes can you teach?
Cardio, Dance, Strength, HIIT, Pilates & Yoga