RecSports is hosting a national yoga certification in partnership with YogaFit on April 22 & 23.
The first step on the path toward becoming a yoga teacher or simply deepening your practice, Level One provides the tools to create inspiring vinyasa yoga classes grounded in proper alignment and the safety of exercise science.
Note: In order to receive a Certificate of Completion for Level One, you must also complete eight hours of practice teaching as a community service, in which you bring the gift of yoga, free of charge, to individuals who would not normally be exposed to yoga on a regular basis.
What you will learn
- 46 fundamental YogaFit poses needed to teach an inclusive, well rounded, and safe yoga class to students for all ages, fitness levels, and experience
- The physical execution, transitions, and modifications for each pose to ensure that it is safe and effective for every body type
- To create dynamic vinyasa sequencing and flowing class formats based on YogaFit’s three-mountain class structure
- To use transformative language to communicate how each pose connects the mind and the body
- To teach what you’ve learned within a nurturing and supportive classroom setting
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.
Continuing Education Credits
- 1.5 ACE CECs
- 15 Yoga Alliance CEUs
- 4 canfitpro CEUs
- April 22 & 23, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (times may vary)
Tuition & Fees
- Early bird: $399 (register by March 22)
- Regular: $429
- Last minute: $459
Please visit YogaFit to register for the course.
- Beth Shaw’s YogaFit, 3rd Edition, by Beth Shaw
- Yoga mat, strap, and two blocks
- YogaFit Level One Manual
- YogaFit Level One DVD*
- YogaFit Active Volume 3 CD*
*Retrains may purchase the Level One DVD and Active Volume 3 CD at the training for $10 each.