The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as an official Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes testing of hands-on skills, 7.5 hours of independent online learning, as well as comprehension on written tests. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide. The American Red Cross is the most respected source for training and certification of this kind.
This course is for lifeguards who hold a current certification and simply need to renew.
Prerequisites for lifeguard training include:
- Participants must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class
- Participants must pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking lifeguarding courses
- 300 yard, non-stop swim utilizing the breast stroke or the front crawl
- 2.5 minute water tread utilizing only the legs
- Timed 10 lb. deep water brick retrieval
- Blended Learning Component:
This blended course combines award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification. Blended learning will be sent to each participant’s registration email at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Click here to learn more.