You are the vital link between RecSports and the students you represent. RecSports will be contacting you regarding leagues, tournaments, fitness, educational opportunities, special events and various other kinds of information. Whatever you can do to help us “get the word out” and to furnish necessary information will allow us to be of real service. Our staff is ready to help you in any way we can to make our activities better, but also to assist you with in-hall athletic functions. “How-To” information is as near as your telephone or computer, as well as rules, equipment and even facilities when they are available. It is our goal to make available a wide variety of recreational programs and to offer them in an enjoyable and beneficial manner.
- Intramural Sports Interhall Team Entry Form - Men's
- Intramural Sports Interhall Team Entry Form - Women's
Interhall Kelly and O'Leary Cups
Please note, there will not be a Kelly or O'Leary competition for the 2020 – 2021 academic year.
About the Kelly Cup
Named after former Associate Athletic Director, Tom Kelly, the Kelly Cup recognizes Kelly's longtime service to RecSports. Among his many contributions, Kelly played a vital role in developing programming for women when they were first admitted as undergraduates to the University. Kelly retired in June of 2003, following 39 years of service with the Irish Athletic department.
About the O'Leary Cup
The O'Leary Cup honors late Director of Intramurals and Club Sports, Rich O'Leary, who was instrumental in developing RecSports' all-sport trophies. In June of 2009, O'Leary lost his battle to cancer-related illness at the age 62. A member of the University's athletic department for 37 years, O'Leary was responsible for over 60 Intramural Sports activities and supervised its club sports teams.
Representing Your Hall
Communication is the #1 ingredient in the success of the RecSports program. The following are suggestions for getting people involved and creating a positive experience.
- Post flyers and sign-up sheets for all events in high traffic locations.
- Be available for questions/problems.
- Know entry deadline and any special information for a particular sport.
- Remind captains of captains' meetings.
- Remind captains of insurance requirements.
- Take down old flyers.
- Check with captains periodically during season.
- Contact RecSports regarding any problems.
- Utilize RecSports email address and website as resources.
Last updated 9/8/20 at 4:30 p.m.