- Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction, University of Illinois at Chicago. M.Ed Instructional Leadership, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago. BA Sociology, Grinnell College
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) Personal Trainer
- AFAA (Athletics & Fitness Association of America) Group Fitness
- Water In Motion-SCW
- Yoga Fit Level One
- CPR/AED American Red Cross
- First Aid-Beacon Health and Fitness/Memorial Hospital
Start date with RecSports
Erika enjoy's working with clients to assist them in meeting their health and wellness goals as they seek to become active life-long learners across the exercise spectrum.
Fitness Interests & Other Hobbies
- Spending time with family
What are your areas of specialty in personal training?
Conditioning, toning and weight loss.
How do you motivate participants?
I like to use positive reinforcement techniques and add variety to work out sessions.
What has been your most rewarding moment as a trainer?
Helping a client achieve a particularly hard fitness goal!
What year/month did you first become certified as a Personal Trainer?
What types of clients do you normally take on?
Those returning or new to exercise, knee and lower back issues, tennis and basketball athletes
Where else have you worked as a Personal Trainer?
Beacon Health & Fitness
Why did you become a Personal Trainer?
Assist people in becoming healthier
What is your personal go-to workout?
How would you describe your personal training sessions? What type of training do you like to take your clients through?
Sessions are designed to help clients meet their goals. Usually I start with a dynamic warm up. This is followed by 3 to 4 stations each with a progression of exercise sets. Finally, I end with stretching.