- Yoga and the Healing Sciences, Loyola Marymount University
- Global MBA, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- BA, Business Administration, Campbell University
- Yoga and the Healing Sciences (200 RYT), Loyola Marymount University
- AFPA Yoga Fitness Level I and II
- YogaFit Yoga Lean (Weight Management)
- YogaFit Warriors (PTSD/TBI)
- YogaFit for Mood Balancing (Depression/Anxiety)
- YogaFit Teacher Training Level 3
- Ashtanga Primary Series
- CorePower Yoga Hot Power Flow Certified
- SCW Personal Trainer
- SCW Small Group Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
Start date with RecSports
- Fall 2014
- Weight Management
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Respiratory Fitness
- Strength and Muscular Development (Resistance Training)
- Spinal Strengthening and Mobility
- Joint Freedom and Flexibility
What's your fitness philosophy?
Physical fitness is not a sprint. It’s not a fad diet. It’s not a 30-day challenge. It must be a lifestyle, a practice, a routine, a habit.
How do you motivate participants?
I have 20 years of experience in a gym so I know a lot of exercises. I can efficiently move my clients from one exercise to the next so we make the most of our time together. You'll work, but I'm there with you - encouraging you and guiding you to explore both your capabilities and limitations.This variety and pace make for a fun, effective, and informative experience that will soon have you taking your own workouts to the next level.
Most rewarding moment
One of my good friends has a rare and physically debilitating disease that has left her with a frail skeleton resulting in multiple fractures. She asked me to train her. I agreed and twice a week, we worked together. By showing up each time, we committed to each other that our time allocated to cultivating health mattered. With repeated effort, she improved her mobility and balance significantly enough to avoid further fractures, and has since adopted an energetic little dog who she now walks regularly.
Fitness hobbies & other interests
Reading, Ukulele, Running, Weight Training, Bicycle Commuting, Hiking, Singing, Dancing, Writing