Access to Facilities
- All patrons must present a valid Irish1Card upon entry. RecSports reserves the right to refuse admittance.
- Entry to and exit from the facility must be through controlled access points only. Other exits should be used for emergencies only.
- Special access or group access will be handled on a case by case basis by the Facility Operations Coordinator and the Assistant Director of Facilities Management & Operations.
Policies for specific areas are posted throughout the Smith Center for Recreational Sports. These policies may include more area-specific policies that are not listed in the General Policies.
It is recommended that you consult your physician prior to engaging in an exercise program.
Personal training of patrons, either individually or in a group, is only allowed under the supervision and permission of RecSports staff members.
RecSports may not be used for solicitation, private classes, personal training, or any other activity associated with personal gain.
Food and drinks are not permitted in the activity areas. All beverages must be in an unbreakable, spill-proof container.
No type of sport activities will be allowed in walkways of RecSports facilities.
No equipment should be thrown against any walls in the facility.
When playing music, please use headphones.
It is recommended that personal items be stored in lockers; RecSports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes are required at all times except in the locker rooms and specific fitness classes.
- Clothing with profanity and offensive language may not be worn during participation of programs or services offered by RecSports.
- For safety and hygienic reasons, shirts that cover the back and shoulders are recommended.
Lost & Found
- RecSports is not responsible for lost items. Check with the Smith Center for Recreational Sports Front Desk for lost items.
Photography & Videography
- Photography is permitted in RecSports facilities for personal non-commercial and lawful use provided permission has been granted by the individual(s) being photographed.
- The taking, capturing, or recording of any and all photography, audio, or video of any kind in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms is strictly prohibited.
- Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at RecSports facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from RecSports prior to accessing RecSports facilities. Click here to view the approval process.
- By entering a RecSports facility, you consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while you are participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for Notre Dame publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as RecSports may see fit. By entering a RecSports facility, you hereby waive all rights or claims you may have to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if your likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If you do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.
- Gum, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, and pets, other than certified service animals, are not allowed in RecSports facilities.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and scooters, and/or any other items deemed unsafe and/or that can damage the facility are prohibited in the facility.
Student Code of Conduct
- All policies outlined in duLac will be enforced.