Resistance Training Area
Resistance Training Area Policies
- Collars are strongly recommended when plates are loaded onto a bar.
- Absolutely no dropping weights.
- Bars are not to be moved outside the perimeter of the racks.
- It is the patron’s responsibility to use a spotter when performing lifting maneuvers.
- Top-loading additional weights onto machines is prohibited.
- Deadlifting and Olympic lifting (and any variation of cleans, snatches, or jerks) are not permitted.
- Lifts that begin from the floor and/or directly touch weight plates to the floor are not permitted.
- Bumper plates are for landmine use only; weight plates are to be used for resistance purposes only.
- Resistance training equipment should be kept on the North end of the facility.
- Please clean padding after each use.
- Return equipment to its proper location after use.
- Socks and closed toe athletic shoes are to be worn throughout the facility.
- Loose climbing chalk is not permitted in the facility, chalk balls are the only method of chalk allowed.
- Personal training of patrons, either individually or in a group, is only permitted by RecSports certified staff members.
- Other patrons may not act as additional weight during exercise.
- Please report any broken or malfunctioning equipment to a RecSports staff member.