RecSports Reopening Plan
Last updated 8.23.21 at 10:00 a.m.
Smith Center operational changes – effective August 9
RecSports is eager to announce the resumption of our standard operations in our facilities. As of Monday, August 9, the following changes have been implemented in the Smith Center:
- No reservations needed to access facility
- All equipment available for use and relocated
- Track available for use
- Informal equipment available for check-out
- Gymnasium open for basketball
Areas available for use as of August 22
- Locker rooms
- Towel service
Updated waivers for 2021 – 2022 year
All users of RecSports facilities will need to sign onto recregister.nd.edu to sign and acknowledge the updated facility use waiver in order to swipe into and have access to our facilities. Upon logging into RecRegister for the first time as of August 1, the Adult Facility Access Waiver will pop up. Additionally, participants will also need to sign the Climbing & Bouldering Wall waiver. This will enable you to climb, shall you want to utilize the Climbing & Bouldering Wall during the 2021 – 2022 year. To complete the waivers:
- Read through the Adult Facility Use waiver and scroll to the bottom.
- If you agree to the terms of the waiver, click the gray box to digitally sign the waiver.
- Sign the waiver in the box.
- Click Save.
- Click Sign Now.
- Once you hit Sign Now, the Climbing & Bouldering Wall waiver will pop up. Repeat steps 1 – 5 for the Climbing & Bouldering Wall waiver.
If a waiver is not completed, the user will not have access. We encourage all of our users to complete the waiver prior to visiting our facilities to help us limit long lines for entry.
Mask usage inside RecSports facilities & while participating in RecSports programs
- For those who are fully vaccinated, masking is optional on campus indoors and outdoors. Employees and students who have not provided the University with proof of vaccination, including those who have been granted an exemption, are expected to continue to mask indoors.
- Visitors who are unvaccinated are expected to mask while on campus.
Respect the choices of students, faculty, staff and visitors who are masked, and avoid making assumptions.
Access to RecSports facilities
Access via Irish1Card
RecSports facilities are open to those individuals of the Notre Dame community with a valid Irish1Card.
In order to prevent exposure to the on-campus Notre Dame community, the purchase of guest passes and admittance of visitors is suspended until further notice.
St. Joseph Beach
The St. Joseph Beach is currently closed and is not available for use by the Notre Dame community.
Family hours at RecSports facilities are suspended until further notice.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions as it relates to the resumption of RecSports.
Click here to view a complete list of RecSports policies.