Summer 2017 Hours: May 22 – August 20
|Standard Hours||Swimming Pool||Weight Room||Climbing Wall||Family Hours|
|M/W/F||6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.||6:00 – 9:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||CLOSED||1:00 – 3:00 p.m.|
|T/TH||6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.||11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||CLOSED||1:00 – 3:00 p.m.|
|SAT||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
(Swimming Pool CLOSED)
UPCOMING ROCKNE MEMORIAL CLOSURES
- Wednesday, July 19 – Rockne Memorial will close at 3:00 p.m. due to the heat index inside the building. The following Group Fitness Classes will still be held:
- Indoor Cycling from 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.
Risk Management Lightning Policy
In accordance with the RecSports risk management policy, the Rockne Memorial will close the pool for 30 minutes if there is a reported lightning strike within a 10 mile radius. This call will by made by the pool aquatic staff. In the case of inclement weather, please contact the Rockne Memorial Front Desk at (574) 631-5297.
The Rockne Memorial is the prominent semi-Gothic building that stands on the west side of campus on South Quad, covering nearly an acre of ground and providing many opportunities for recreational enjoyment. Even with the inception of Rolfs Sports Recreation Center in 1998, Rockne is still a bustling stage for many forms of club sports, intramurals, fitness classes, aquatic instruction, and general recreation, as well as life-saving classes.
Dedicated to the memory of Notre Dame’s legendary football coach, Knute Rockne, the Rockne Memorial is one of the most complete recreational facilities on campus. Built in 1939 from the donations of alumni and friends of the University, Rockne Memorial provides recreational facilities for the students, faculty, staff, retirees, and their families. Amenities include the lower level exercise room and Father Lange weight room, 25-yard swimming pool and warm-up pool fit with observation decks, racquetball and squash courts, indoor cycling studio, climbing wall, personal traiing studio and locker rooms for men, women, and families. The upper level features three gymnasiums, the largest containing two basketball courts. Finally, the main lobby of Rockne Memorial contains the athletic trophies and mementos accumulated by Notre Dame teams under Rockne and his successors, as well as a bronze bust of Rockne himself to greet patrons and campus visitors. Game Day tradition includes pilgrimage to Knute’s statue before kickoff to rub his nose for good luck.
- Activity rooms for fitness and dance classes
Cardio & weight equipment
- Fitness room with cardio and selectorized weight equipment
- Weight room with selectorized and free weight equipment
- Climbing wall with various routes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced climbers
- Two courts for basketball and volleyball
- 10 racquetball/handball/squash courts
25 yard pool and shallow exercise pool
- Indoor cycling studio
- Personal training studio
- Locker and shower facilities
- Equipment check-out: towels, basketballs, volleyballs, jump ropes, dumbbells, weight belts, racquetball racquets, and table tennis equipment
- Classrooms and meeting rooms