Reservations required for access to RecSports facilities
How to make reservations for utilizing RecSports facilities
Notre Dame students, faculty, staff, retirees and spouses may use their netID and password to log into their RecRegister account.
In order to reserve a spot via RecRegister, spouses who have not already set up a RecRegister account must click here to request a spouse account creation.
- Click on Facility Access Reservation.
- Click on the location that you would like to make your reservation.
Find the date and time that you would like to attend and click Register.
Please note: Time slots only appear when the time is 72 hours or more prior.
- This will display an Adult Facility Access Waiver. Read through the waiver and scroll to the bottom. If you agree to the terms of the waiver, click the gray box to digitally sign the waiver. Sign the waiver in the box. Click Save.
- Click Sign Now.
- Add new emergency contact information by clicking Add a new Emergency Contact or if you already have an emergency contact entered, verify this information is correct. Once finished, click Continue.
- Read the Reservation Policies reminder and click Add to Cart.
- Verify that your program (building you are choosing to reserve a time slot for) and program instance (date/time of your reservation) is correct. If so, click Checkout. If not, click Remove and repeat steps 2-8 choosing the correct date and time and/or location for your reservation
- The Choose Payment Option menu will appear at the top of your screen. Click Checkout.
- Once your reservation is processed, RecRegister will bring you to a confirmation screen. You will also receive two emails – one receipt (for $0 in this instance) and one registration confirmation.
Rockne Memorial Hours: November 21 – January 29
|Rockne Memorial||Rockne Pool|
|Monday – Friday||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Saturday & Sunday||CLOSED||CLOSED|
The Rockne Memorial is the prominent semi-Gothic building that stands on the west side of campus on South Quad, covering nearly an acre of ground and providing many opportunities for recreational enjoyment. Even with the inception of Smith Center for Recreational Sports in 2018, Rockne is still a bustling stage for many forms of club sports, intramurals, fitness classes, aquatic instruction, and general recreation, as well as life-saving classes.
Dedicated to the memory of Notre Dame’s legendary football coach, Knute Rockne, the Rockne Memorial is one of the most complete recreational facilities on campus. Built in 1939 from the donations of alumni and friends of the University, Rockne Memorial provides recreational facilities for the students, faculty, staff, retirees, and their families. Amenities include the lower level exercise room and Father Lange weight room, 25-yard swimming pool and warm-up pool fit with observation decks, racquetball and squash courts, and locker rooms for men, women, and families. The upper level features a gymnasium, featuring two basketball courts. Finally, the main lobby of Rockne Memorial contains the athletic trophies and mementos accumulated by Notre Dame teams under Rockne and his successors, as well as a bronze bust of Rockne himself to greet patrons and campus visitors. Game Day tradition includes pilgrimage to Knute’s statue before kickoff to rub his nose for good luck.
- Activity rooms for fitness and dance classes
Cardio & weight equipment
- Fitness room with cardio and selectorized weight equipment
- Weight room with selectorized and free weight equipment
- Two courts for basketball and volleyball
- 10 racquetball/handball/squash courts
25 yard pool and shallow exercise pool
- Locker and shower facilities
- Equipment checkout: towels, basketballs, volleyballs, jump ropes, dumbbells, weight belts, and racquetball racquets
- Classrooms and meeting rooms
Rockne Memorial Policies
Click here to learn about our policies.