Smith Center for Recreational Sports
Smith Center for Recreational Sports has reopened
The Smith Center for Recreational Sports has reopened. Click here for more information about RecSports’ reopening plan.
Reservations required for access to RecSports facilities
How to make reservations for utilizing RecSports facilities
Notre Dame students, faculty, staff, retirees and spouses may use their netID and password to log into their RecRegister account.
In order to reserve a spot via RecRegister, spouses who have not already set up a RecRegister account must click here to request a spouse account creation.
- Click on Facility Access Reservation.
- Click on the location that you would like to make your reservation.
Find the date and time that you would like to attend and click Register.
Please note: Time slots only appear when the time is 72 hours or more prior.
- This will display an Adult Facility Access Waiver. Read through the waiver and scroll to the bottom. If you agree to the terms of the waiver, click the gray box to digitally sign the waiver. Sign the waiver in the box. Click Save.
- Click Sign Now.
- Add new emergency contact information by clicking Add a new Emergency Contact or if you already have an emergency contact entered, verify this information is correct. Once finished, click Continue.
- Read the Reservation Policies reminder and click Add to Cart.
- Verify that your program (building you are choosing to reserve a time slot for) and program instance (date/time of your reservation) is correct. If so, click Checkout. If not, click Remove and repeat steps 2-8 choosing the correct date and time and/or location for your reservation
- The Choose Payment Option menu will appear at the top of your screen. Click Checkout.
- Once your reservation is processed, RecRegister will bring you to a confirmation screen. You will also receive two emails – one receipt (for $0 in this instance) and one registration confirmation.
Fall 2020 Smith Center for Recreational Sports Hours: August 10 – November 20
|Monday – Friday||5:45 – 9:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
4:00 – 11:00 p.m.
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. – Noon
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
|Sunday||Noon – 3:00 p.m.
5:00 – 11:00 p.m.
What is open at Smith Center for Recreational Sports
Click here for more information regarding RecSports’ reopening plan.
What is OPEN?
What is UNAVAILABLE?
|Cardio & weight area on 3rd floor
|Weight equipment on 3rd & 4th floor
|Bridge unit (4th floor)||Track – for walking/jogging|
|Gymnasium for badminton and pickleball (singles use only)||
SYNRGY unit (3rd floor)
|Equipment checkout – badminton and pickleball racquets||Activity Studios|
|Personal Fitness Studios|
|Water fountains to fill your bottles|
- 4 Activity Studios for fitness and dance classes
- Cycling Studio
Cardio & Weight Equipment
- Fitness space with cardio and selectorized weight equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, water rowers, ARC trainers, and bikes (click here for a complete list of equipment)
- Weight space with selectorized and free weight equipment (click here for a complete list of equipment)
1 full size basketball court
1/6 of a mile track, 3 lanes
- Locker and shower facilities
- Equipment checkout: towels, basketballs, and jump ropes
- Classrooms and meeting rooms
Smith Center for Recreational Sports Policies
Click here to learn about our policies.