- All RecSports patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse, or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. Violators may be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Violators of RecSports policies may also be suspended from using RecSports facilities.
- No one may enter the Rockne Memorial Pool unless supervised by a RecSports lifeguard.
- Showers are required before entering the pool area.
- Swimsuits and/or swim diapers must be worn by all participants.
- All participants requiring diapers are required to wear designated swim diapers with an elastic plastic lining.
- Return all equipment to original location.
- Participants may not hang on lane lines.
- No running, diving, pushing, pulling, or "horseplay." Playing on ladders, railings and bulkhead is not permitted.
- Use of diving boards is not permitted.
- Hyperventilation, underwater breath holding games, and swimming underwater for more than 3/4 of the length of the pool is not permitted.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved lifesaving devices are permitted for use in our facility. Not all floatation devices are considered "lifesaving devices" and we ask that participants may use a life vest that we will have available at all times free of charge.
- The use of starting blocks is prohibited, except for competitive programming approved by RecSports.
- Anyone who has or has had diarrhea in the last two (2) weeks shall not use the pool.
- Participants are not permitted in the pool area with open sores, ear, eye, or nose infections, or with bandages or adhesive tape. RecSports reserves the right to refuse admittance for health concerns.
- Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at RecSports facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from RecSports prior to accessing RecSports facilities. Click here to view the approval process.
- Gum, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, and pets, other than certified service animals, are not allowed in RecSports facilities.
Dependent & Height Policies
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- All parents or guardians must remain in reaching distance of a minor if child is under 3 foot 6 inches or if child requires a personal flotation device.
Food & Beverages
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the activity areas. All beverages must be in an unbreakable, spill-proof container that is not glass.
- Personal items are to be stored safely in locker rooms or lockers. Personal items and strollers are not permitted on the pool deck.
In accordance with RecSports risk management policy, Rockne Memorial Pool will be closed for 30 minutes if there is a reported lightning strike within a 10 mile radius. This call will be made by the lifeguard.
RecSports' activities are diverse; however, all such activities harbor some level of risk. While the safety of all participants is a primary consideration in the planning and execution of all RecSports' activities, injuries may occur at any level of participation. These injuries may include the exacerbation or reoccurrence of any pre-existing condition or predisposition to injury.