RecSports programs cancelled; facilities closed through the remainder of the academic year
Per the University's decision to move all courses online through the academic year, all Workshops, Flexible Registration Fitness Classes, Semester Registration Fitness Classes, Instructional Series, Certification Courses, and F.A.S.T. Classes are cancelled through the academic year. Click here for more info.
Spring 2020 Workshops // Click here for schedule.
Are you ready to make 2020 more physically active? Are you unsure of how to start an exercise program? Do you want to take your current exercise regimen to the next level or learn a new skill? Let RecSports and its team of fitness professionals help!
Spring 2020 Flexible Registration Fitness Classes // Click here for schedule.
Flexible registration fitness classes are open to any Notre Dame student, faculty, staff, retiree, or spouse. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
- Registration: For flexible registration fitness classes, participants will purchase a spot for a single class date. The price listed is the cost for one day of class. Registration for each class will open one week prior to the upcoming class and close 10 minutes prior to class beginning. Registration can be done online on RecRegister or at the Smith Center for Recreational Sports Front Desk.
- Refunds: If your schedule changes from the time of your registration to class beginning, participants will have up to 10 minutes before class to cancel their spot in the class; however, no refunds will be issued for flexible registration classes.
Spring 2020 Semester Registration Fitness Classes // Click here for schedule.
Semester registration fitness classes are open to any Notre Dame student, faculty, staff, or spouse of these groups. RecSports offers a wide variety of group fitness classes to accommodate a range of skills, interests, and age groups.
- 50% Semester Registration Fitness Classes: Looking to finish out the semester strong? Register for select Group Fitness Classes for 50% off! Prices will be reflected at checkout on RecRegister.
- Registration: For semester registration fitness classes, participants will purchase a spot in a class for the entire semester. Registration for Spring 2020 Cardio & Strength classes begins on Thursday, January 23 at 7:30 a.m. Registration for Spring 2020 Mind/Body and Cycling classes begins on Friday, January 24 at 7:30 a.m. Registration occurs on RecRegister or in person at the Smith Center for Recreational Sports Front Desk. Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff may use their netID and password to log in. Spouses need to obtain their unique user ID and password by emailing Jennie Phillips at email@example.com. Registration is ongoing until classes are full.
- Class dates: Cardio and Strength Classes meet January 23 – April 29; Mind/Body and Cycling Classes meet January 24 – April 29. Classes will not meet during the MLK Luncheon (Noon – 1:00 p.m. on January 20), Mid-Term Break (March 6 at 1:00 p.m. through March 15), or Easter Break (April 9 at 1:00 p.m. through April 13).
- Refunds: Full refunds available until February 2; half-price refunds through February 9. Click here to view more information on refunds or to submit a refund request form.
Spring 2020 F.A.S.T. (Faculty & Staff Training) // Click here for schedule.
F.A.S.T. (Faculty & Staff Training) is open to Notre Dame employees, spouses, and retirees. These special fitness classes are similar to the format of a few of our popular group fitness classes with the faculty/staff demographic in mind.
- 50% F.A.S.T. Classes: Looking to finish out the semester strong? Register for select F.A.S.T. Classes for 50% off! Prices will be reflected at checkout on RecRegister.
- Registration: F.A.S.T. registration for Spring 2020 begins via RecRegister on January 14 at 7:30 a.m. Registration is ongoing until classes are full. University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover with online registration.
- Class dates: Classes meet January 20 – May 8. Classes will not meet during the MLK Luncheon (Noon – 1:00 p.m. on January 20) or over Easter Break (April 10 – 12).
- Refunds: Full refunds available until January 26; half-price refunds through February 2. All refunds must be received by RecSports by 11:59 p.m. on the date that the refund request is due. Click here to view more information on refunds or to submit a refund request form.
Spring 2020 Instructional Series // Click here for schedule.
For those looking to learn a new skill, such as tai chi or tennis, or gain a certification, like lifeguarding, RecSports programs a menu of instructional classes. These classes meet for a series of weeks rather than semester long, and lessons build upon each other.
- Registration: Instructional Series registration for Spring 2020 begins via RecRegister on January 14 at 7:30 a.m. Registration for classes that begin after Mid-Term Break begins on March 3 at 7:30 a.m. via RecRegister. Registration is ongoing until classes are full. University of Notre Dame RecRegister accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with online registration. For cash and check payments, please visit the Smith Center for Recreational Sports.
- Class dates: Each Instructional Series meets over the span on multiple weeks and varies dependent on the series.
- Refunds: Full refunds available until the Sunday after the series begins. Half refunds are available until the second Sunday after the program begins. Click here to view more information on refunds or to submit a refund request form.
Spring 2020 Certification Classes // Click here for schedule.
RecSports offers a variety of American Red Cross certification courses. These blended courses combine award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification.
- Registration: Certification Courses registration for Spring 2020 begins via RecRegister on January 2.
Private Fitness Class Request
Private Group Fitness Classes are a great way for departments, residence halls, etc. to bond and get fit together! Please fill out the Private Fitness Class Request Form to schedule a class.
- Residence halls: Residence halls submitting a Private Fitness Class Request Form must include a FOAPAL for instructor payment.
- Non-residence halls: Non-residence halls must complete the Additional Pay for Services Form located here for instructor payment. This form must be brought to the class in order to obtain the necessary information from the instructor. The Additional Pay for Services Form must be submitted within 48 hours of class completion. Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as copied to email@example.com.
*Requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the desired date to allow sufficient time to schedule an instructor. Submission of this form does not guarantee that your request can be granted.
- Cardio/Strength (Zumba®, Bootcamp, Total Body Conditioning, etc.): $35/class
- Yoga: $60/class
For more information please contact Fitness & Instructional Program Coordinator, Samantha Fitzpatrick, at firstname.lastname@example.org.