All RecSports patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse, or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. Violators may be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Parents are responsible for their children's safety and behavior at all times.
Locations for Family Hours
- Joyce Center - North Dome
- Rockne Memorial
Family hours are for Notre Dame students, faculty and staff, retirees and their dependents. Non-dependents are not permitted to utilize RecSports facilities. Parents must sign a RecSports Facility Access waiver for their children.
RecSports Family Hours
Family hours are identical to RecSports standard hours during holiday breaks and the summer.
North Dome Academic Year Family Hours
- Saturday – Sunday: Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Schedule subject to change. Click here to view the most up-to-date North Dome Family Hours.
Rockne Memorial Academic Year Family Hours
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Schedule subject to change. Click here to view the most up-to-date Rockne Memorial Family Hours.
St. Joseph Beach Summer Hours
- Monday – Sunday: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
Schedule subject to change. Click here to view the most up-to-date St. Joseph Beach Family Hours.
There are no Family Hours at Smith Center for Recreational Sports. Schedule subject to change during Holidays and Breaks. Click here to view the most up-to-date RecSports Family Hours.
Family Hours Policies
- Parents are to supervise their children at all times. While children are in the facility, they should be under the constant supervision of their parent/guardian.
- Only participants with a valid Irish1Card are eligible to checkout equipment.
- Students and other patrons continue to use the facilities during family hours. Please be aware of the others, as all of our patrons' safety is important to us.
- Co-ed use of locker room areas is strictly limited to parental supervised children 3 years of age or younger. Please see a RecSports staff member to direct you to where you can change as a family.
- During Family Hours, facility usage is on a first come first serve basis, unless there is an existing reservation for that space.