Informal family recreation is extremely important to RecSports as well as the University. We encourage all faculty and staff to bring their families to our facilities for relaxing recreational fun. Our basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor soccer court, and swimming pool are all available for use during family hours in our facilities.
RecSports Family Hours
North Dome Spring 2018 Hours: January 15 – May 2
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Sunday: Noon – 2:00 p.m.
Rockne Memorial Spring 2018 Hours: January 15 – May 2
- Saturday: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. (pool closed on Sundays)
Schedule subject to change during Holidays and Breaks. Click here to view the most up-to-date RecSports Family Hours.
Rolfs Aquatic Center Family Hours
Facility hours are subject to change based on the needs of the Varsity teams and other user groups. RecSports does not operate or manage the Rolfs Aquatic Center, but does provide hours as a courtesy to our patrons.
- Sunday: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Schedule subject to change during Holidays and Breaks. Click here to view the most up-to-date Rolfs Aquatic Center Family Hours.
Family Hours Policies
- Family hours are for Notre Dame faculty, staff, students, and their families. Other relatives and neighborhood children are not eligible.
- During holiday breaks and summer, family hours are flexible to accommodate families to some degree.
- Families may use court space when available at the discretion of the Front Desk staff.
- Parents are to supervise their children at all times. Small children should be within arms length.
- Parents are responsible for their children's safety and behavior at all times.
- Not all areas of our facilities are open to children. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the fitness room or the top floor of the facility.
- Equipment and towels may only be checked out to the parent using a valid University ID.
- Students and other patrons continue to use the facilities during family hours. Please be aware of the others, as all of our patrons' safety is important to us.
- Co-ed use of locker room areas is strictly limited to parentally supervised children 3 years of age or younger. Please see a facility staff member to direct you to where you can change as a family.
- Parents must sign a release waiver for their children.
- Please keep in mind that family hours are intended for families to enjoy recreational opportunities together.
- If student groups reserve space that could impede on the family hours, signs will be posted around the facility and updates posted on the RecSports website.